Monday, December 8, 2014

Mommy Monday: My Favorite Mom Blogs

Wooohoooo!  It's Monday!  Ok, maybe I shouldn't try so hard with the excitement.  The truth is I am really excited to be getting so much done today.  This past weekend, all I did was sleep.  I mean, I was rendered completely useless.  I slept about 10-14 hours each day from Friday to Sunday. I think I am over-estimating exactly how much physical work my body is doing as I build a baby.  Additionally, it has not fully sunk into my mind that I am no longer as young and fit as I was back in the day.  When I pull an all-nighter now, while pregnant, it's like I went out three nights in a row, binge drinking!  When I take Benadryl at 11pm now, again, it's like I went out three nights in a row, binge drinking.  I wake up, feeling hung-over, incoherent, and cranky.  I am learning these things slowly, but let me tell you what, Now that these lessons have been learned, I will be taking heed!

All weekend, as I struggled to stay awake more than sleep, I kept thinking of all the celebrities who make pregnancy look like a walk in the park.  Uhm, yea right!  I guess I would look wonderful too if I had a full glam squad at my beck and call.  I would have energy too if I had a nanny, maid, cook, personal stylist all at my beck and call.  I would be glowing too if I had money for the best vitamins, hair extensions, make up lines, and maternity spa treatments.

But I don't.  Little ol' me?  I have Life.  Real Fucking Life.  So I turned my focus, not to celebrities, although I love watching them like the rest of the world, but to Real Women.  There are times, when I just need to relate to someone REAL!  I am in love with Social Media.  I think, when used responsibly, it is a great tool for connecting with others and a great source of inspirations.  Or at least, that's what I tell myself as I creep around on all these pages, following people I have never personally met.  I'm sure they don't mind though. LOL.

I figured I would share some of my favorite Blogging Mommies with you.  It just so happens that all of these women are pregnant and one has just given birth.  Please know that NONE of the following photos are my own, but belong to the awesome Bloggers out there, sharing their wonderful experiences with us all.  All of their information is posted after each photo and it would be fantastic if you could check out their IG accounts, YT channels, and blogs.  Needless to say, I am aaaalll about supporting self-made, creative women!





Chriselle is this awesome stylist and fashion blogger that lives in California. I love her elegant and feminine style.  Nothing is too over-the-top, although I usually can't afford one single thing she is wearing!  My favorite thing about Chriselle is her honesty.  I have followed her blog, The Chriselle Factor, YouTube Channel and, now, her Instagram since she first started.  You can definitely see her growth through her progress.  I love that she doesn't mind to open up and share about the things she's experienced, whether it be about her miscarriage or opening up about how much weight she has gained during her pregnancy.  I think women need to be honest with one another and we need more role models who are confident enough in their own skin to share those honest moments with others.


 
 I totally forgot to mention that she posts AMAZING pictures of DELICIOUS FOOD!!!
Follow Chriselle:  YouTube // Blog // Instagram @ChriselleLim







Jade is someone that I totally just stumbled upon during one of my Instagram trolling moments.  Ok, I won't lie, I don't even know what "social media trolling" really means, but I do explore all the time for people to follow who share wonderful experiences and beautiful photos.  Jade has such a simple and beautiful style.  I could actually see myself wearing some of the things that she shows on her fashion/ beauty blog, A Spoonful of Style.  Well, I would wear them if I were as cute as she is!  I have SO MANY things that I love about this woman and her blog/IG account.  First, I love that I can afford just about everything that she posts.  Seriously.  And the clothes she gets aren't from some sort of ritzy, hyper expensive specialty shops.  Home girl goes to the mall!  I think we can all manage that, right?  I also love the pictures she shares of her home.... because I am a weirdo like that.  LOL. I love interior decorations, even though I am no good at decorating at all.  A girl can dream!  I also love, Love, LOVE that she shares so many pictures of her nursery.  I love it because a.) I am terrible with decorating, and I need all the ideas I can get for my own Little Someone and b.) her nursery is to die for!  So pretty and elegant. 




Follow Jade: YouTube // Blog // Instagram @JScott24







Naomi is a lifestyle blogger, living in New York.  I love that she is a city girl, making the city life look as cozy as country living!  She has this artsy-mod look about her and I love that about her style.  Most of the other bloggers I follow don't have as edgy of a look as she does, which is a lot of fun to experience.  My favorite thing about her blog, Love Taza, is that it is so family oriented.  It's loaded with gorgeous pictures of her family and home (I know, I'm creeping again!).  She so relatable in each post, like being a mom is really no big deal, ever.  I love how unapologetic she is about her life and experiences.  It's so beautiful.  She also gives great advice on motherhood and toddler eats.  I don't know if you have ever experienced a picky child at the dinner table, but this Mama right here could use all the help she can get. My Little Darling won't eat anything!



Follow Naomi: YouTube // Blog // Instagram @taza






Lastly, but definitely not least, Amy is awesome!  I love her IG account.  She's, in a lot of ways, a woman after my own heart.  She's currently serving in the military, which I respect so much, having grown up as an army brat myself.  I love her style.  It's a mix of tomboy comfort and simple girly looks.  She's also hella crafty!  I am always tuned in to see what's coming out of her craft room next.  She is also a woman of Faith. I am in love with a woman who has Faith and is unapologetic about it.  I love seeing her doodles on the side of the Bible, and the verses that have inspired her throughout the weeks as she posts.   For me, she is kind of the total package in terms of my personal interests because I can get all my fixes in one spot!  A cute outfit idea every here and there.  Great craft inspo.  Bible verses to meditate and reflect upon.  Honest and so real, but able to maintain a sense of positivity and gratitude.  She also shared her nursery, which was so unique!  I love the ideas I gathered from it.  Pop on over to her IG account and wish her a Major Heartfelt Congratulations on her brand new, perfect baby girl!




Follow Amy:  Instagram @AmyLouHawthorne // Shop Amy's designs @bestillclothingcompany

So yea, I know, these women are all quite different.  I have a personal and unique style of my own, but I LOVE to explore the styles and lifestyles of others.  I am too old and too much of a Mommy to have these explorations first hand.  That's what social media is for me.  A way that I can peak into what other women who are experiencing similar things are doing, how they're coping, and how they're creating and paving a way for their children into the future.  Hopefully, one day, I can do the same.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. wow! all those girls looks beautifully pregnant!!!!

    ReplyDelete